Lakesidefurs

It is currently 24 Jun 2017 19:18

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Welcome!
PostPosted: 31 Mar 2015 14:05 

Hey there!

I'm a lion, 24 years old, from Russia, born in Rostov-on-Don, currently in Moscow.

My nickname actually a misspelled russian word that translates to "wolverine", so I've decided to somehow translate it for english-speaking folk to understand easily.

It will be my first time meeting foreign furries, and I'm kind of worried about it. I don't really know Deutsch (although I've larened it in school). Will my english be enough to chat freely?

It would be great to speak with someone who will attend this event before confurrence, so if you willing - let me know ^_^

Lots of fur and scales to you :3

Post subject: Re: Welcome!
PostPosted: 31 Mar 2015 19:23 

Hallo Artgenosse,
herzlich willkommen hier. Ich freue mich schon auf unser Treffen auf der kommenden LSF.
-------------
Hello fellow creatures,
welcome here. I look forward to our meeting at the upcoming LSF. :D

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2015 21:16 
Site Admin

Welcome! Is this the nick "Россомаха" under your badge avatar picture?
We have a few other russian guests but otherwise you can speak english with most of us.
We will try to make all announcements at least in german and english.
(Now I'm getting curious how much common vocabulary the Russian and Slovenian languages have, since we also have a number of Slovenian participants.)
I'm sure you won't get lost and I hope you will have a lot of fun and make new friendships.
Fluffs! unci

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2015 14:44 

unci wrote:
Welcome! Is this the nick "Россомаха" under your badge avatar picture?

Yes, it is! It's pronounced like "Rossomaha"
unci wrote:
We have a few other russian guests but otherwise you can speak english with most of us.

Yeah, I know them in person. One of them - Mister X is one who agitated me to attend this event ^^ Also we are from same city!
unci wrote:
(Now I'm getting curious how much common vocabulary the Russian and Slovenian languages have, since we also have a number of Slovenian participants.)

During Russian Furrence event I've spoken with Bluari, brilliant Polish artist. We discussed a lot about how our languages are alike, and there is really something common. You cannot freely chat with each other, but you got the general Idea what other person is speaking about. It's really fun. I like foreign languages and speaking them alot, altough I know only Russian and English ^^

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2015 10:00 

Hello Werewolverine welcome to the LSF-Forum.

Oh I think your English will be enough to talk with other Furries. All the last years we had no Problems with different languages.
And of chourse Nubi will be on LSF. He speaks Russian und German very good And I'm sure he'll take care. And most of the other on the con are very open minded and you'll have enough you can talk with in english.
And if you want, we can speak before LSF :)

Greeitngs